I’m coming home! With the blessing of Metropolitan Hilarion, I mean to spend the month of May and part of June in the USA. I will spend a week at Holy Trinity Monastery in Jordanville, and then begin catching up with mission partners in as many US parishes as I can possibly visit. I will return to the Philippines in June.
Today, I simply want to thank you. Through your prayers and support, we have:
- Begun translating and publishing Orthodox services, an Orthodox Prayer Book and materials for inquirers in languages of the Philippines.
- Mentored lay missionaries for communities in Mindanao and trained them as acolytes and choir singers.
- Sent four Filipino men to Belgorod, Russia, to study in preparation for the priesthood.
- Sent a Filipino Antiochian priest to Saint Petersburg to study iconography.
- Been blessed to have one of our senior members ordained as an Orthodox subdeacon.
- Built a new Church of St John of Shanghai and San Francisco.
- Shared icons, incense, books, vestments, and so many more items with Orthodox communities all over the Philippines
- Provided spiritual support to dozens of far-flung parishes through personal visits.
Thank you for making all this possible!
The growth of the mission in the Philippines is just beginning, and I can’t wait to continue this work in June. Here’s how you can help me return to the Philippines:
- Invite me to your parish. I will spend six weeks months traveling the USA to speak about the Philippines and to seek support. Please email me to schedule a visit!
- Help underwrite the cost of this trip to the US. Ironically, fundraising is a costly activity!
- Become a mission partner via the Philippine Mission website.
- Please pray for my safety as I travel in regions of political unrest, and pray for all our brothers and sisters in the Philippines.
Thank you for partnering with us in this work.
Priest Silouan Thompson