IED explodes inside bus in Polomolok: 19 hurt
KORONADAL CITY – An improvised explosive device went off at past 12 noon today inside a unit of Yellow Bus Lines in Polomolok, South Cotabato, leaving at least 19 passengers wounded, police said.
Senior Supt. Jose Biones, South Cotabato police provincial director, told a local radio station in Gen. Santos City that scene of the crime operatives and police bomb disposal unit personnel are still conducting post blast investigation.
Samuel Batol, bus conductor of YBL unit with license plate MWB-296 and body number 2008, said the bus had just left Polomolok bus terminal heading for Gen. Santos City when a loud explosion rocked the bus while it was traversing a highway in Barangay Glammang, Polomolok.
Radio Station DXCP reported that explosive went off at the middle portion, or at the 7th row, of the bus which left Koronadal City and had a stopover in Tupi and Polomolok terminals.
Rushed to St. Elizabeth Hospital in Gen. Santos City were Jerryl Cabuyao, his wife Abigail and their 7-day old baby Akisha Gale Cabuyao, all residents of Apopong, Gen. Santos City.
At least 16 others were brought to General Santos Doctors Hospital, also in Gen. Santos City.
Names of other victims as provided by South Cotabato Rescue Team:
Gensans Doctors Hospital:
1. Mark Anthony Dela Cruz, Polomolok
2. Ericka Maulin, 18 Gen. Santos City
3. Omar Solani, 60, Gen. Santos City
4. Mary Grace Villaseran, 17, Polomolok
5. Rose Villamarie Talusi, 18, Polomolok
6. Cecil Amelier, 33, gen. Santos City
7. Princess Olarte, Gen.Santos City
8. Twinkle Mae Olarte, 34, Gen. Santos City
9. Elnam Olarte, 8, Gen. Santos City
10. Marilou Yabut, 50, Gen. Santos City
11. Divina Duran, 43, Gen. Santos City
12. Sansha Vain Amor Pedrigosa, Gen. Santos City
13. Francis Eric Resticia, 33 Gen. Santos City
14. Angel Ayoc, 9, Gen. Santos City
15. Ebona Canua, 36, Gen. Santos City
16. Moises Fajartin, 50, Gen. Santos City and bus inspector.
via: NDBC News